Monday, January 14, 2013

Blogging Rules from an Amature Blogger

May this blog space bring good fruit ;)
Recently I've been thinking about starting to blog on a normal basis...  so if I'm going to start blogging regularly then I need to come up with something to write about. That's usually a good idea, yea? So that's step one: write about an interesting topic.

God has given me a huge burden for the orphans, I could write about that! 

It's just a tad bit difficult to be transparent and vulnerable on the web. I don't know who reads this or what their intentions are for reading. Curiosity? Wanting to find something to pick at? My friend that just wants to keep updated with me? Who knows! What I do know is that I read a lot of blogs that really encourage, inspire, and convict me. And if I could be one of those things, just to one person through this blog, then hey what the heck! Why not write regularly! (And if this little space on the internet doesn't encourage you then don't tell me ok?) ;) Step two: Be transparent. 
We could talk about real issues.
Or we can talk about what we like to read?
 What should step three be? I need a step three. You can't have a step one and a step two without a step three. Unwritten rule. Well it's written now. Anyways, when I read blogs I love it when the post includes pictures... so how about that! Step three: Take awesome pictures and post them on your blog. Disclaimer: I take pretty awesome pictures so beware. 


Rainy day at Pike Place
Love a sunset surprise from God

Step four: Admit that you have no idea what you're doing or if you're cool enough to blog.

OK I feel better having that said. In high school they made me cut up my cool card, that's my justification. It's non-retrievable so bear with me. With that said I invite you to join me on this journey (I don't know how long it'll last, my blogging track record sucks) of God's grace and love as I'm a witness to all He does in this life He gave me. If this isn't about Him then there is no point to this. 










No comments:

Post a Comment